IMA sees itself as a modern service provider for industry. Many years of experience in processing industrial orders and know-how in sealing technology ensure that orders are processed quickly. The range of services covers many areas.
Test bench investigations
- Functional examinations
- Fluid-elastomer compatibility test
- Conveying value measurements
- Measurement of frictional torque/frictional force
- Comprehensive pre- and post-testing of sealing systems
- Analysis of damaged sealing systems at the institute or on site
- 2D/3D topography measurement according to DIN
- Tactile roughness measurement according to DIN/VDA
- Macro/micro twist measurement
- Twist measurement according to the thread method
- Measurement of surface energy and wetting
- Evaluation of surfaces
- Simulation process
How do we proceed?
- FE analysis to determine the contact behavior / contact pressure
- Optimization of geometry
- Determination of mechanical properties of sealing materials
- Flow and temperature simulation incl. sealing environment
- Consulting on sealing problems
- Elaboration of sealing proposals
- Conception of sealing systems
- Preparing expert opinions
Seminars / Lectures
- Seminars and lectures on sealing technology issues such as application, function, mode of action, limits, etc. of seals and sealing systems.
Contact Head of Sealing Technology
Frank Bauerapl. Prof. Dr.-Ing.
Head of Sealing Technology &Head of StutCAD