The Fluid Power Association within VDMA (the German Mechanical Engineering Industry Association) with its Fluid Power Sealing Group, which brings together the leading German manufacturers of seals for fluid power and general applications, is organizing the
22nd International Sealing Conference
on October 01 and 02, 2024, at the University of Stuttgart. The conference will be held under the scientific auspices of Prof. Dr.-Ing. Frank Bauer from the Institute of Machine Components (IMA), University of Stuttgart.
The motto for the conference is
SealingTechnology – Challenges accepted!
Most industrial products depend heavily on seals. In the past, seals have impressively demonstrated their ability and are still state-of-the-art. Due to the increasing demand for energy-efficient, ecological, and economical products and technology trends (such as Industry 4.0 (IoT) or electromobility), sealing technology related industry and research faces new challenges. By accepting these, sealing technology is making a decisive contribution to the development of cutting-edge products by a mix of welltried, modern, and innovative solutions.
The aim of this conference is to present and discuss the results of scientific research, results of development, and experiences of users, thus contributing to the knowledge transfer between
- Researchers and scientific institutions,
- Manufacturers/suppliers of seals and sealing systems,
- Users (manufacturers of hydraulic and pneumatic systems and components, machinery, automobile and plant manufacturers, automotive industry suppliers, aerospace and chemical industry and others),
- Manufacturers of preliminary products for sealing systems,
- Manufacturers of hydraulic fluids and lubricants and
- Service providers, such as testing labs and engineering offices.
For the 22nd International Sealing Conference presentations on the following topics are held:
- Static Seals
- Rotary Shaft Seals
- Reciprocating Seals (Hydraulics/Pneumatics)
- Basics of Sealing Technology
- Mechanical Seals
- Materials and Surfaces
- Energy Conservation/Friction/Wear
- Standardization/Patents/Laws/Test Procedures
- Applications in Practice
More information can be found on: https://sealing-conference.com/